What are we working on and how are we getting there?
- Relationship Building
- Problem Exploration
We are working with non-profit leaders in the Lehigh Valley to geographically understand the location of non-profit services throughout the Lehigh Valley that are working to address the social determinants of health. This visualization provides insight in proximity of services to residential locations, geographic gaps in particular service types, and potential areas for additional collaboration to better serve communities. The map is intended to be fluid and we welcome additions and feedback on the data presented on the map.
- Understanding Survey Fatigue in a Community Context - Written by: Scott Hoke & Kerrie Baker The year 2020 presents a unique opportunity to have the voice of the community heard through national census survey, an opportunity that occurs once every 10 years. It seems only fitting that we … Continued
- Focus on Allentown: Housing & Health -Residential Mobility in Allentown Neighborhoods - Written By: Scott Hoke, Hannah Clark, Hasshan Batts, & Samantha Shaak Surveys can help us understand a lot about our community. From capturing community concerns about changes in our neighborhoods to identifying future opportunities, recent survey efforts by organizations across … Continued
- Using County Health Rankings and Roadmaps to Improve Health - Written by: Ronald C. Dendas, MS, Samantha A. Shaak, PhD , Sherri Brokopp Binder, PhD, Carmen Guzman-McLaughlin, MPH Since 2010, the University of Wisconsin Population Health Institute and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation have released the County Health Rankings and … Continued
- Building Bridges Project - Community Gathering Report For a nine month period, seven of Allentown’s nonprofit leaders participated in the Rider-Pool Foundation’s Collective Impact Action Learning Fellowship, and discovered ways to work together to impact positive change in the city of Allentown. The organizations represented … Continued
- The Importance of Understanding Neighborhood Outreach - Since its inception in 2007, Promise Neighborhoods of the Lehigh Valley has attempted to foster vibrant neighborhoods where children and families can capitalize on the unique assets they possess that contribute to their success. In Allentown, as in other communities … Continued
- RESPONDING TO GLOBAL SUICIDE-RELATED RISK ARISING FROM THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC & Research Data Base
- New Study Finds More Groups At Risk For Gun Suicide
- Map: 501(c3) Nonprofit Organizations – Lehigh & Northampton Counties 2019
- Association for Death Education and Counseling [ADEC] in Conversation: Coronavirus 2019
- Map: Allentown School District Building Locations