active 2 months ago
The area of Behavioral health includes mental health services for those experiencing a mental health diagnosis or in need in therapeutic counseling, but it also involves working more “upstream” to promote mental and social well-being and the healthy development of community members’ coping skills. Well-being integrates the mental health and physical health of the individual, and primary prevention strategies to promote well-being are designed to develop strengths and resilience, preventing longer-term negative mental health outcomes. The CDC notes that well-being is associated with self-perceived health, longevity, healthy behaviors, mental and physical illness, and productivity. A fundamental aspect of well-being is an individual’s perceived sense of social connectedness, with a decrease in social support being associated with self-reported engagement in harmful health behaviors, increased mental and physical distress, less satisfaction with life, and poorer general health.
What are we working on and how are we getting there?
- Relationship Building
- Problem Exploration
- Where’s the Data? Local Human Trafficking Numbers. - Written by: Julia Kocis Human trafficking brings in an estimated global revenue of $150 billion a year. It is one of the fastest-growing transnational crimes due to its high-profit, low-risk equation. Traffickers exploit vulnerable populations, with women and children comprising … Continued
- The Benefit of Cooperative Data Sharing for Mental Health Evaluation and Response - The initial goals of our collaborative group was to determine how to share information that is typically not shared and to develop or find a platform in which to do that. Much of the information that is collected by government, non-profit, … Continued
- RESPONDING TO GLOBAL SUICIDE-RELATED RISK ARISING FROM THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC & Research Data Base
- New Study Finds More Groups At Risk For Gun Suicide
- Map: 501(c3) Nonprofit Organizations – Lehigh & Northampton Counties 2019
- Association for Death Education and Counseling [ADEC] in Conversation: Coronavirus 2019
- Map: Allentown School District Building Locations